« New high-tech bomb-detection equipment for the New York subway system |
| Maria Bartiromo lands a gig with Business Week »
November 12, 2005
The Chelsea rapist shopped on eBay
The New York Daily News is dragging eBay's name through the mud in its continued investigation of the depravities surrounding suspected Chelsea rapist Peter Braunstein. Turns out Mr. Braunstein went shopping on eBay just days before his "sadistic Halloween sex attack," in order to pick up a legitimate-looking firefighter outfit.
If you don't know the story, it goes something like this... A crazed journalist-type gets the crazy idea of stalking a woman in her Chelsea apartment building. He then proceeds to buy firefighter gear on eBay and play dress-up for Halloween. On that same night, he starts a mini-blaze in the stalked woman's apartment building and impersonates a firefighter in order to gain unobstructed access to the woman's apartment. Then he drugged her and tied her up before engaging on a 13-hour orgy of raping and pillaging, some of it caught on videotape.
So, who's next on the New York Daily News' hitlist??? First, it was Internet chatrooms. Then, it was blogs. (Don't you know - all criminals keep sinister blogs with their devilish plots outlined on them?) Then, it was eBay. Maybe the suspected rapist Googled the woman's name on the Internet and then searched for photos of her on Flickr?
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Internet
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can