« A $12 billion pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for Mayor Bloomberg |
| A mini-Internet for first responders »
October 26, 2005
It's time to support urban renewal along the Gowanus Canal
The Gowanus Dredgers Canoe Club, a volunteer organization that is dedicated to providing waterfront access and education to the public, is holding a Gowanus Canal fundraiser party on Thursday, October 27:
"Please come help us celebrate the end of our sixth season and the beginning of our boathouse fundraising. There will be delicious food from Schnack, fabulous live music from Hank Plank and the 2 by 4s!!, comic entertainment by Billy Bones the Friendly Pirate, moonlight canoeing, lots of wonderful raffle prizes and exquisite art from Brooklyn artists in the silent auction. All this takes place at the end of 2nd Street and the Gowanus Canal (aka The Jewel of Brooklyn)."
Remember: You'll never tour a more grateful urban canal than the Gowanus Canal. During the past season, there were more than 2,000 trips made down the Gowanus Canal, a sign that more New Yorkers than ever before are taking urban renewal seriously.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Events
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can