« New York is the new Windy City |
| Donald Trump and his "verbal billions" »
October 24, 2005
Mayor Bloomberg wonders: where are the liberal attack blogs?
Dawn Eden, who writes the "Blog On!" column in the Sunday New York Daily News, is a bit puzzled as to why so many liberal bloggers in New York City are "soft" on Mayor Bloomberg. After conferring with other bloggers and political pundits, a few theories emerge as to why "Bloomy-bashing blogs" are having such a tough slog of it:
"Liberal bloggers focus on national politics to the exclusion of local issues" [Daily Gotham]
"Political organizations... lack an understanding of blogs' power" [Daily Gotham]
"The majority of Ferrer's constituency is not online" [onNYTurf.com]
There might be another reason: Bloomberg has assembled a state-of-the-art, well-financed campaign steamroller that has very little chance of being defeated. Be like Mike and maybe you won't get run over.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Government
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can