« Technology is making real estate's business model obsolete |
| Mom, what's a blog? »
September 29, 2005
A Chinese company that's full of... biofertilizer
AXcess News reports that executives from Bodisen Biotech, "the first bio fertilizer company from China ever to be listed on an American stock exchange," rang the opening bell at the American Stock Exchange on Wednesday. Bodisen became an AMEX listed company on August 26, and even before that, had attracted the attention of U.S. institutional investors. In fact, earlier this year, Forbes ranked Bodisen as one of the 100 fastest growing companies in China.
However, there has to be a joke in there somewhere. I'm not sure at what I'm more amused by -- that Bodisen touts itself as "the first bio fertilizer company ever to be listed on an American stock exchange," that the company's ticker symbol is BBC, or that when I ran a search on Google News for "New York biotech," this is what I came up with.Yo, back in the day, we used to call bio fertilizer a four-letter word. Does that mean Bodisen Biotech is full of bio fertilizer?
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Biotech
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can