« Can the Philadelphia Wi-Fi experiment work in New York? |
| The MTA Terminator: Fall of the machines »
September 01, 2005
Con Edison and the Next Big Thingamajig
We like the new Con Edison print ads, as seen in this week's Wall Street Journal. There's a picture of a young female technophile (sorta resembling Devon Aoki, one of the sultry vixens from Sin City) with an MP3 player and a laptop computer, accompanied by the tagline "We made room for the Next Big Thingamajig even before you did."
Apparently, Con Edison is tired of the banal slogon "On It" and is trying to show New Yorkers that the company is not only "on it," it's "with it," too. From the new Con Edison ad:
"Whatever the next thingamabob that's on everybody's ears or shelves, we've been expecting it. Over the next several years, Con Edison is investing billions to keep our system in sync with the growing energy demand, including installing 2,000 miles of new cable to keep New York running 24/7."
(photo credit: Internet Movie Database)
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Advertising
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can