« New York sends emergency response team to New Orleans |
| In Chelsea, people doing strange things with electricity »
August 31, 2005
Bloggers not amused by "kill whitey" parties in Williamsburg
A case study in how to annoy New York bloggers: a bunch of Williamsburg hipsters (all of them white) are throwing "kill whitey" mock hip-hop parties on a monthly basis. The kids dance around "raunchily" while yelling "kill the whiteness inside" and acting like hip-hop thugs. The party impresario is The Pumpsta, who recently revealed to the Washington Post why he held these parties:
"I'm throwing this party, and it's obvious that I'm white and I'm kind of appropriating this culture but in an ironic way... I'm trying to kill the whiteness inside."
Needless to say, the blogosphere has been buzzing about the hipster DJs. Go to Technorati and type in "kill whitey pumpsta" and there are already about 25 posts this week. I Wish I Was an Urban Hipster weighs in with a post called "Kill anybody at these parties for the good of humanity":
"So a couple of people sent me a link to this story. Deejay's Appeal: "Kill The Whiteness Inside". I had read this article that day and honestly couldn't even get through it. It was just that awful. I mean the concept of this party just pissed me off. Dancing up like black people did in the 80's and dancing to remixes done by a guy called The Pumpsta. Who by the way I want to beat the crap out of just based upon his picture."
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Events
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can