« Water-gun assassins roam the streets of the city |
| Buzzing about BuzzMachine »
July 14, 2005
How to land a blogging gig 101
Jossip has the details on how Chris Mohney, the creator of the Gawkerist blog, wound up as the editor of Gawker Media's Gridskipper travel blog. Mohney explains on Mediabistro how he landed the blogging gig:
"The 'stunt' I pulled was writing an anonymous blog called Gawkerist that paid an absurd level of attention to Gawker Media blogs and bloggers. Everything about Gawkerist was meticulously, cynically planned, except the end resultactually working for Gawker Media publisher Nick Denton... Since New York media types were always interested in Gawker Media (albeit sometimes begrudgingly), it seemed like a logical topic to attract their attention."
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Internet
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can