« You're middle class, and that's all there is to it |
| Barry Diller sells Vivendi stake for $3.4 billion »
June 08, 2005
TRUMPO, Manhattan's new destination neighborhood
This definitely falls into the "shameless promotion" category. The folks over at Curbed are running the 'Hoodwinked contest in which readers submit entries for possible names for NYC neighborhoods, along the lines of TriBeCa, Nolita, etc. The winner gets a two-night stay at a new luxury hotel on the Lower East Side (i.e. The Hotel on Rivington).
Anyway, one of my entries (TRUMPO) has already been selected as one of the 10 finalists in the competition:
"From the folks who brought you DUMBO... What do you give a man who has everything? How about a neighborhood? The Donald adds to his collection of Eastern European beauties, #1-rated reality shows and glamorous Atlantic City casinos with a boutique neighborhood wedged in between the UN and Trump World Tower. In a marketing move worthy of any Apprentice, prices for Trump's luxury high-rise condos are sure to skyrocket."
Voting officially begins Friday, so until then, it's OK to lurk in the shadows. On Friday, though, don't forget the old Boss Tweed maxim: "Vote Early and Vote Often."
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: shameless promotion
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can