« Citizen's media on the Lower East Side |
| Del.icio.us NYC Weekend Links »
April 29, 2005
SilverCarrot receives VC financing
From Crain's New York: Internet-based lead generation company SilverCarrot of Manhattan has received $7 million in Series B venture capital funding from a group of investors led by Dolphin Equity Partners.
So what exactly is Internet-based lead generation? Well, SilverCarrot buys banner ads offering deals in order to drive visitors to sites it owns and operates. On these sites, registered visitors are asked about their preferences and whether they would like to receive more information on certain topics. SilverCarrot then passes on those leads to client. Presto! Lots of qualified leads, thanks to the magic of the Internet.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Venture capital
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can