« ...3-2-1... we have blast-off! |
| 43 Webby nominations for New York Web sites »
April 12, 2005
Venture capital money tastes del.icio.us
Joshua Schachter, the founder of del.icio.us, has some exciting news about a recent infusion of VC money:
"As you may know, I left my job a few weeks ago in order to devote myself full-time to del.icio.us. In order to make that posssible, I accepted an investment from a group of thoughtful and influential investors. The group I chose to work with understands my commitment to maintaining the integrity of the service and the security of your data. They were also willing to take a minority stake, which will keep me in control of the future of del.icio.us.
Union Square Ventures leads the investment group, and the other members are Amazon.com, Marc Andreessen, BV Capital, Esther Dyson, Seth Goldstein, Josh Koppelman, Howard Morgan, Tim O'Reilly, and Bob Young."
In his post "Del.icio.us Dollars," Om Malik speculates that del.icio.us received somewhere around $2 million in VC financing. "Open media dollars are coming thick and fast," he writes.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Venture capital
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can