« Trisha Brown mixes dance with computers |
| Nintendo World Store opens in Rockefeller Center »
April 07, 2005
Former AOL chairman becomes health & wellness guru
Earlier in the week, former AOL Chairman Steve Case announced that he was putting $500 million of his own money into Revolution, which will own controlling stakes in companies that provide health care services, leisure travel services and wellness-related products and services.
Within 48 hours, he found a suitable investment target -- Wisdom Media, which operates media properties in the health & wellness category. According to Crain's New York, the company acquired West Virginia-based Wisdom, with the intention of moving the company to NYC. Over the next few months, Case will work some Internet magic on the company to re-brand and re-launch it.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Venture capital
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can