« Goldman Sachs turns its back on Lower Manhattan |
| Two radio stations for the price of one »
April 05, 2005
Viacom's new buzzword: multiplatform
Paid Content points to an article in Hollywood Reporter about Viacom's plans to leverage its existing media and entertainment assets by experimenting with technologies like wireless and interactive TV. Last week, the company announced the creation of a new CBS Digital Media unit to consolidate its Web properties, and there's apparently more to come (like a music download service from MTV):
"Viacom has been increasingly pushing into the Internet, wireless, video game and interactive TV services space to leverage its franchises. The creation of CBS Digital Media... was only the latest sign that Viacom has evolved into a formidable multiplatform player."
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Media
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can