« The Wall Street Journal bangs the drum for paid content |
| Salon, Slate and... Huffington? »
March 30, 2005
D-Day for the Dolans
Newsday says tomorrow is "D-Day for the Dolans," with two major decisions expected that will have significant impact on the future of the Dolan family and the Cablevision empire:
"In one decision Thursday, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority is to announce whether Cablevision, the Jets or longshot energy concern TransGas will get to develop a 13-acre site on the West Side of Manhattan. Thursday also is the day an agreement expires between Charles Dolan, 78, and the board of directors to keep alive the Voom high-definition satellite TV service."
Oh, and if that wasn't enough, Cablevision is also mulling over whether to seek a merger with bankrupt cable operator Adelphia Communications.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Deals
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can