« Sirius Satellite's Stream Jockey is a longshot |
| Yahoo 360 »
March 16, 2005
MTA photo ban averted
The MTA failed to pass the much-debated subway photo ban. Gothamist points to an article in Newsday detailing the reasons why the MTA failed to get all its ducks in a row: "Officials said the hold-up is the result of an outpouring of criticism about the move, which would offer exemptions to working photojournalists but give police wide latitude in limiting even the most innocent souvenir-taker from clicking away."
NYC photobloggers will be granted a reprieve until May, when the MTA is set to conduct a full board meeting.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: photoblogging
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can