« Kozmo alumni at MaxDelivery.com |
| Affordable and universally accessible broadband is a right of all New Yorkers »
March 14, 2005
Just like Disney, but with a lot more technology
Stop and gawk at the new technologies: DestiNY USA is building an 800-acre tourist theme park in upstate New York to highlight emerging new technologies. According to the online version of the Daily Telegraph, the park will be so massive that could "rival Silicon Valley." Is that all Silicon Valley is -- a giant theme park full of carnival amusements like Google and Yahoo? A British investment banker comments on the deal:
"It's really a very Victorian idea, like a bigger version of Kew Gardens. The concept is based around science and technology research but with opportunities to gawk, as well as shops and restaurants."
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Economic outlook
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can