« Maximum delivery |
| The strange death of the New York Sun's business section »
March 08, 2005
The convergence of media, advertising and market research
McGraw-Hill will acquire consumer quality and satisfaction ratings provider J.D. Power, considered by many to be "one of the most-courted information properties on the market." Outsell Now comments on the significance of the transaction, calling it "a sign of the ongoing convergence between the ad/media/marketing and the market research industries."
In the press release announcing the deal, McGraw-Hill says that "the addition ... will significantly strengthen our core business information platform by providing a new direct link to consumers, while also providing new collaborative opportunities with our leading franchises including BusinessWeek, Platts, McGraw-Hill Construction, Aviation Week and our healthcare group."
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Deals
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can