« Cubes in the sky |
| NYC Transit awards Unisys a $105 million contract »
February 10, 2005
Levi's jeans commercials to feature bloggers
Apparently, Gawker was tipped off by an unnamed source that Levi's is doing a casting call for New York bloggers who look good in a pair of jeans:
"Hello, I am doing a casting for Levis, the 2005 Brand campaign be shot in NY March 4, 5th and 6th and need bloggers to appear as themselves to model. It is part of a branding campaign called A Style for Every Story. See ad attached. If we use you, you will get $10,000 and your name will appear next to it. I need your photo if you are interested . My email is [redacted] or I can be reached at [redacted]. I look forward to your response. Thank you."
Kinda a variation on the IBM ThinkPad commercials: Where do you do your best thinking? where they profile hip entrepreneur-types. Gawker calls the rumored Levi's blogger branding campaign "jumping the shark" -- but we like the idea. Hey, if IBM was able to make people like planetary scientist Jill Tarter (director of the Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence Institute) and Jesse Sheidlower, principal North America editor for the Oxford English Dictionary, look cool using their ThinkPads, I don't think Levi's will have too much trouble with some hepcat bloggers.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Advertising
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can