« Only the lawyers win |
| Big gains for the NYC film industry »
January 31, 2005
Will Verizon dial M for merger?
The proposed merger between SBC and AT&T could lead to a bout of deal-making involving competitors such as Verizon, says the New York Times: "The reunion of two players in the old Bell system could set off another round of mergers in the rapidly consolidating phone industry." The time to act is now for Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg: "A merger of the two companies would pose a threat to Verizon, the largest local phone company... A merger of AT&T and SBC would create the nation's largest phone company and Verizon would be left hobbled, without a significant position in the business services market."
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Telecom
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can