« Corante New York recognized as a top New York business site |
| Caution: Hazardous materials »
January 19, 2005
NYC-based The Knot (which operates the wedding planning site TheKnot.com) will tie the knot with Ithaca-based Great Boyfriends, reports Crain's New York. The Web sites GreatBoyfriends.com and GreatGirlfriends.com, both operated by Great Boyfriends, post information about eligible singles who are "vouched for" by their friends, family members, ex-wives or ex-husbands -- in essence, a referral service for online daters.
There's only one thing better than a Great Girlfriend, though -- it's the Imaginary Girlfriend: "This is a service provided by a real life girl where she will pretend to be your long distance girlfriend by sending you personalized love letters, emails, pictures, leave phone messages (if you want), and provide other girlfriend-like services. This relationship appears real to others that may see these things, but it is not. There will be no actual real life meetings or relationship between you and your Imaginary Girlfriend other than that specified in your order..."
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Internet
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can