« The icon of the digital lifestyle |
| Blogger payola »
January 17, 2005
Jets and DirecTV take on Cablevision
As New York Jets coach Herm Edwards said, "You play to win the game." And that's exactly what supporters of the new far West Side stadium are doing, by taking on Cablevision with a little help from the Jets. The New York Daily News reports that "the Jets have joined forces with DirecTV, the nation's fastest-growing satellite-TV service provider, in a phone campaign to get New Yorkers to drop Cablevision." What's great is that the Daily News apparently got their hands on the actual script being used by direct marketers to criticize Cablevision: "You know, you don't have to support a monopoly that doesn't support New York City. You have another television choice besides Cablevision. That choice is DirecTV."
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Telecom
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can