« After 156 years, it's finally time to go public |
| First Friendster, Now Elfster »
December 18, 2004
Tarceva takes on Iressa and wins
Shares of Long Island-based OSI Pharmaceuticals spiked by nearly 50% in early Friday trading on news that Iressa, a rival lung cancer drug from AstraZeneca, did not prolong patients' lives in a late-stage trial. As described earlier ("What happened to Long Island's biotech superstar?"), OSI Pharmaceuticals has been the subject of intense Wall Street speculation after receiving FDA approval for its Tarceva cancer drug in mid-November. Until the AstraZeneca announcement, many analysts had been skeptical that Tarceva would perform better than Iressa. Shares of OSI are now trading around the $70 mark.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Biotech
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can