« A brand new image for Computer Associates |
| Barry Diller is bullish on China »
December 17, 2004
First-responders go wireless
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has selected Unisys Corporation's CommHub (a secure wireless technology) to help its emergency response teams coordinate activities. Over the past six months, a number of other municipalities have also experimented with wireless technologies and now consider them a "critical part in managing emergency response for fire, police, and medical personnel."
CommHub "enables the Port Authority's first response teams to stay connected with emergency operations centers and each other during incidents at airports, bridges, tunnels, bus terminals, seaports and other facilities it manages." The Unisys CommHub can be mounted directly onto an emergency vehicle or hand carried by emergency personnel.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Wireless
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can