« Industry reaction to the IBM deal |
| Pod people »
December 10, 2004
The dream team of imaging and visualization
The first Big Picture Summit, hosted by NYU on December 8 and 9, brought together "an eclectic group of artists and scientists that organizers have dubbed the 'dream team' of imaging and visualization." The organizer of the event, Clifford Ross, explains that the goal of the project was "to bring closer to reality his desire to create a "you are there" photographic experience for those who have not personally witnessed the sublime beauty of natural scenes such as Mt. Sopris in Colorado."
You can find out more about the patented R1 camera system used by the project here. According to the article, the R1 camera system recently broke through the gigapixel barrier and has achieved "some of the highest resolution single-shot images ever created."
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: personal tech
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can