« Connected to the grid 24/7 |
| Revolt of the digital photographers »
December 02, 2004
The best media company in the world, part 2
After overwhelming reaction to Mark Glaser's piece on "The Media Company I Want to Work For" at PressThink, Jay Rosen puts all the comments & speculation into proper context: "Companies without products. Markets without players. Resumes ready to be sent for in-boxes that do not exist. These and other signs of pre-maturity surfaced yesterday in the reactions to Mark Glaser's plea... It's not here yet-- the media company, I mean." It's a good read to get a pulse on the market for Small Media (or New Media, or Hyperlocal Media or whatever they're calling it now) and to think about the kinds of companies and publications are working to make this hypothetical perfect media company a reality. If nothing else, it's a shot across the bow at Big Media (aka Mainstream Media).
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Internet
- RELATED ENTRIES
- East Village bar up for sale on eBay
- Eliot Spitzer takes on the national cinema chains
- California winemakers to sell wine to New Yorkers via the Internet
- A blogger could become "Media Person of the Year"
- A la carte cable TV pricing
- NYSIA Incubator launch party tonight
- Why the mathematics of congestion pricing don't work
- Enjoy the holiday shopping bargains at Century 21 while you can